Inspired by the heirloom beans and cream colored carrots I had around, I whipped this
deliciously creamy and easy dip/spread/soup. My secret to enjoying healthy foods with
ease? Make extra, so you can feel un-pressured on a busy day.
I enjoyed mine on homemade raw tortillas with arugula and tomatoes – yummm!
- Soak 1 cup white beans overnight
- Kombu seaweed (a few 1-inch pieces)
- 1 large white or yellow carrot
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- ½ inch piece fresh ginger
- fresh herbs of choice – dill, basil, sage, parsley, cilantro (I used ½ cup basil leaves in
- 1 medium yellow summer squash
- ¼ bulb fresh fennel
- Celtic salt to taste
- Other spices if you like – I used coriander and cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Cook the beans until tender with a little kombu seaweed if you have it.
In the Vita-Mix, puree everything until creamy and smooth.
If you have a lot of cooking liquid when the beans are done, you can use it all and make a creamy soup. Or use less cooking liquid for a thicker dip or spread consistency.