Creamy Beta-carotene Boost
This was a soup I devised while visiting with my mom. I was exhausted from a day of funeral activities, but needed something light, nourishing and FAST.
You can even keep the sweet potato raw and let the Vita-Mix do the “cooking” for extra enzyme power, and easier clean-up.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic salt (or to taste)
- small chunk fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- Optional: chopped rosemary, parsley or sage for garnish
- Cube sweet potato and place in a steamer basket in a pot with about 1/2 inch of water.
- Lightly steam for about 1 or 2 minutes (or skip this step, add everything to the Vita-Mix, and run for 5 minutes to “cook” your soup)
- Place in the Vita-Mix with all the other ingredients, plus about 1/4-1/2 cup of the steam water and blend on high for about 2 minutes.
- Tip: I like to add just a hint of fresh lemon or orange juice to contrast the sweetness of this soup