So, I had a question on our facebook page regarding a recipe for a green smoothie. I thought, “well, I can just direct them to my blog for a green smoothie recipe”, but was shocked (no appalled) to see not a formal green smoothie recipe in sight!
So although I had other things to take care of in this moment, I dropped everything to try to remedy this situation right away. Here is a fabulously spontaneous and totally yummy green smoothie that I made with “what was in the fridge” when my friend Eduard came down for a visit. : )
Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.
Eduard’s Green Smoothie (breakfast of champions)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk (add more if you need)
- 1 fuji (or other kind of) apple, chopped
- 3 leaves kale (I like the dino or Lacinato the best)
- handful spinach
- about 6-7 leaves Romaine lettuce
- 3-4 honey dates (or Medjool)
- juice of 1/2 an orange
- pinch ground cardomom
- small piece fresh gingerroot
- 1 tsp. extra virgin coconut oil
- Optional: scoop high quality protein powder and/or 8-10 raw cashews
Put all the ingredients into the Vita-Mix (ideal, but you can probably do an OK job in a regular blender)* and blend on high until smooth. If the dates are kind of hard, it can work really well to soak them before blending.
Now pour the gorgeous concoction into a beautiful glass, sip slowly and enjoy the buzz!
* The Vita-Mix IS most definitely an investment, but sooooo worthwhile. I put it off for years, burned out blenders, enjoyed slightly “chunky” smoothies, then finally made the leap. I never looked back. : ) It pulverizes produce (and other ingredients) to such a fine degree that makes them more digestible and helps release all the phyto-nutrition. It also makes velvety smooth concoctions using ingredients that a regular blender could never touch. Ok, that’s the Vita-Mix plug for today. Use my link and you can get free shipping ($25 value). Vita-Mix free shipping offer
Oh, and we have 50 more wonderfully delicious, nutritious and EASY recipes in our eRecipe book: Quick. Healthy. Delicious. 50 Favorite Recipes to Feed Your Life!
Get your copy instantly right here. : )