Today in the first meeting of the Devana Spring Cleanse Workshop, we got on the topic of young coconuts and coconut oil. Just a little additional supportive info.

Here is some general information about Coconut Water: (from

“It’s a natural isotonic beverage, with the same level of electrolytic balance as we have in our blood. It’s the fluid of life, so to speak.” In fact, during the Pacific War of 1941-45, both sides in the conflict regularly used coconut water – siphoned directly from the nut – to give emergency plasma trasfusions to wounded soldiers.

* Coconut Water is More Nutritious than whole milk – Less fat and NO cholesterol!
* Coconut Water is More Healthy than Orange Juice – Much lower calories
* Coconut Water is Better than processed baby milk- It contains lauric acid, which is present in human mother’s milk
* Coconut water is naturally sterile — Water permeates though the filtering husk!
* Coconut water is a universal donor– Its identical to human blook plasma

“Coconut water is the very stuff of Nature, biologically Pure, full of Natural Sugars, Salts, and Vitamins to ward off fatigue… and is the next wave of energy drinks BUT natural!”, according to Mortin Satin, Chielf of the United Nation’s Food & Agriculture Organization.

Coconut water contains more potassium (at about 294 mg) than most sports drinks (117 mg) and most energy drinks.

Coconut water has less sodium (25mg) where sports drinks have around 41mg and energy drinks have about 200 mg!

Coconut water has 5mg of Natural Sugars where sports and energy drinks range from 10-25mg of Altered Sugars.

Coconut water is very high in Chloride at 118mg, compared to sports drinks at about 39mg.

Data is based on a 100ml drink.

And a little on coconut meat/extra virgin coconut oil:

Because lauric acid has potent anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties, recent studies have considered coconut oil as a possible method of lowering viral levels in HIV-AIDS patients. The lauric acid may also be effective in fighting yeast, fungi, and other viruses such as measles, Herpes simplex, influenza and cytomegalovirus.

Because the short-and medium-chain fatty acids of extra virgin coconut oil and coconut milk are easily and quickly assimilated by the body, they are not stored as fat in the body like the long chain triglycerides of animal products. Studies have shown that populations in Polynesia and Sri Lanka, where coconuts are a diet staple, do not suffer from high serum cholesterol or high rates of heart disease.

Extra virgin coconut oil used in a study conducted in the Yucatan showed that those who used the coconut oil on a daily basis had a higher metabolic rate. Though they regularly consumed considerable quantities of the saturated fat, the participants retained a lean body mass. Another facet of the Yucatan study noted that the women participants did not suffer the typical symptoms of menopause.

Below from
# The coconut is one of the greatest gifts of this planet.
# Coconuts are a prehistoric plant which can survive many months floating at sea.
# The coconut is a natural water filter that takes almost 9 months to filter each liter of water. The water travels through many fibers being purified where it is stored away STERILE in the nut itself.
# This coconut water is pure clear and is one of the highest sources of electrolytes known to man.
# Coconut water is identical to human blood plasma which makes it the universal donor. Plasma makes up 55% of human blood. The other 45% is hemoglobin which can be derived from chlorophyll. By drinking coconuts with green juice we give ourselves a instant blood transfusion.
# Coconuts in their young stage of growth are the most health enhancing.
# Coconuts are a great blood purifier.

The oil can be used on steamed veggies, in salad dressings, to sauté and cook with, in smoothies (especially with green foods for a “blood transfusion”).

Happy coconutting!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Coconuts!

  1. Pingback: Scrumptious Spring Tonic « Blended Bliss

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *