These have been a total hit with everyone I’ve shared with. They don’t taste “gluten-free” or “free” anything else. 🙂 They are good for you, and darn good tasting! Enjoy them with a little Coconut Bliss or just on their own.
- 2 cups almond flour (I ground my own in the Vita-Mix)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan pink salt (or Celtic)
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 oz. semi-sweet, stevia sweetened chocolate chips (I used some I found at Whole Foods)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together the dry ingredients, then add in the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate.
- Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Scoop dough into rounds on the sheet, using a tablespoon or scoop.
- Wet hands and flatten each cookie to about 2″ wide, leaving about 3 in. between cookies as they spread when baked.
- Bake about 12 minutes, or until edges are nicely golden.
- Let cool on baking sheet for a few, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Share and enjoy!
Inspired by Kelly V. Brozyna’s recipe (TheSpunkyCoconut.com)