This super-simple, gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free fall recipe has just 5 ingredients, and will quickly become a favorite. Watch out, it’s totally addictive … but in a healthy way!
Persimmons are a beautiful fall fruit to include in your repertoire. They are a good source of vitamin A and Potassium, and help counter some of the dryness of the fall season. For this recipe you’ll need the Hachiya variety, which is pointed at the end like an acorn. Make sure you use them when they are COMPLETELY ripe and soft, otherwise you’ll be cursing me. 🙂 When unripe this variety will make you pucker and flinch, but when it’s ripe it’s creamy, sweet and delicious!
I like to eat this pudding just as is … or use it as a filling for a pie … or layered with vanilla Coconut Bliss in parfait glasses for an easy, elegant & guilt-free dessert.
Leave a comment below to let me know how you LOVE it … you will . 🙂
- 4-5 ripe persimmons
- 1 Tbsp. (or to taste) fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. (or to taste) cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp. vanilla (I used pure vanilla powder*, you can use a good quality extract)
- 1 Tbsp. ground golden flax seed (the brown kind will color the pudding)**
- **Note: You can skip the flax seed, but it just yields a slightly less thick consistency
Put it all in the Vita-Mix for the smoothest consistency. A regular blender or food processor can work too.
* You can get incredible raw vanilla powder here
2 Responses to Raw Persimmon Pudding – Yummmmm